Today I finished day 28 of The Magic practices by Rhonda Byrne. I have read this book and done the practices about 5 times before over the last four years. And I absolutely LOVE it! Every time I follow this book, I can feel the joy in my life multiple. Whenever I’m feeling down I know it’s time to read The Magic again. This time around I had joined the Law of Attraction Changed My Life Facebook Group – organized by one of my FAVORITE law of attraction youtubers Francesca – and a bunch of us decided to start it at the same time. Everyday we shared our success and support, and I felt that having this group made it stronger and even more amazing! All that positive energy working together!
The Magic is a book that is written by the author and producer of The Secret book and film, Rhonda Byrne, that is about creating 28 days of gratitude practices. Rhonda Byrne fills the book with so much positivity and belief in miracles you can feel her energy on every page! Everyday the book has you explore a different area of your life to be grateful, and with different practices. I love the excitement of being grateful for something new everyday because to me, it keeps it fresh and that makes it more fun for me, which adds more joy. I would recommend this book to absolutely anyone who wants to wake up with a pep in their step, live out their dreams, and see miracles come into their lives. And now let me tell you some of the highlights for why!
- My favorite part of The Magic – I love that it starts with having you list out your desires, and every couple of days relates back to that. You can’t reach your goals if you don’t know what they are! I always find that defining what I want is the hardest part of the practices, which is why I need to do it.
- My favorite Health Practice – I love Day 8, The Magic Ingredient. This practices focuses on being thankful for every thing you eat and drink that day. I was raised praying before dinner, but unless I’m sitting down across from my dad I tend to forget to be grateful for my food. This practice snaps me back into appreciation. There are so many people who need fresh food and water, and every time I have some it is a privilege, and I should be thankful! How have I been taking something so necessary for life for granted so much? This practices grounds me and brings out my gratitude.
- My favorite Relationship Practice – Day 3, Magical Relationships. This practices focuses on relationships you take for granted, or want to improve. All you have to do is think of reasons why you love the people you love, and come back to it a few times a day. I used this once going through a break up, and it really helped me make peace. I honestly believe this practice is the key to having amazing relationships, and also being able to let go of any hurt from past relationships.
- My favorite Spiritual Practice – The Magical To-Do List, day 18. I find that trusting the universe is where I struggle most. I feel like it’s selfish of me to ask for my desires sometimes, and other times that the universe is too busy for me. Neither of these things are true and this practice helps me break through that!
- My favorite Money Practice – Day 17, The Magic Check. This one I just think is fun, because you get to write yourself a check for however much you want, for whatever you want from the universe! I like being dramatic and imaginative, and this one fills me with such joy.
- My ALL TIME Favorite Practice – Day 11, Magical Morning. For this practice, you start your day being thankful for everything that you touch. I find myself waking up so excited every single time I have to do this practice, and it makes my mornings brighter – I am a night owl so that’s very special – and it truly makes my day amazing after it. This one I think is so important because starting off your day positive is something that I know I overlook, since I’m usually late and running. Instead of feeling groggy, I felt amazing this morning.
I accomplished so many things off my original list as well! I have gotten a new job, gained friends, met the people I needed, gotten free gifts, vacation plans, and better health and more compliments! Not to mention the joy I feel. Before I read this I would have ranked my happiness and gratitude level around a 5/6, after I would say I’m an 8/9, and I worry much less. This book is the best thing you can ever read if you want to change your life. Do it with friends if they want, because being part of a group to talk about it makes it extra life changing. And do it with all your heart, don’t half-ass your gratitude, really FEEL it and you’ll get the things on your desires list!