This week I was talking to a friend about Law of Attraction, a friend who is very well-versed and in harmony with the universe. They were helping me talk through if I needed more coaching and learning about LOA, or if I was ready to become a teacher. While I won’t bore you with all the details – and my gut is telling me girl, go do the action, you can teach this you got this- our conversation took a little turn. My friend, lets call him Tucker, asked me where I saw myself in a year. I gave him the scenario of my dream life, writing all day, living my the beach, starting a charity, etc etc.
“No Bri,” he said, “where exactly do you want to be in a year? How much money would you want to be making?”
“Oh I got it,” I replied. “I want to be making more than I was this year, so I can move into a bigger and nicer apartment, and get a new car.”
“No you’re still not getting it,” he sighed. “You need to be specific. Give me a number. If you can’t tell me what you want, if you don’t even KNOW, how do you expect the universe to give it to you? If you’re only focused on a general idea, like you tell me, then you don’t really know, and then the universe won’t know. If you tell me you want $100,000, then you know and can focus on it, and so can the universe. Specific goals and desires are strengthened.”
A light-bulb went off in my head. I GET IT NOW! This is the point of gratitude list, vision boards, etc. You have to know your goals and dreams and define them, to set them in motion. That’s where your power is!
“Ok Tucker,” I told him after thinking for a minute. “In a year I want to be making that $100,000, have a book published, improved graphic design skills, and a serious relationship.” I said it with a smile, as I knew my speaking about it with positive energy could help it manifest even more.
So, if you’re like me wondering why the universe hasn’t picked up on all your desires, start making some goals! Here’s how:
- Get a pen, notepad, computer and WRITE YOUR SPECIFIC GOALS DOWN! I did mine in a timeline version, of my business goals for the next year and the second I began to do it, I found my mind being flooded with ideas of what to do to get there. That is the LOA in action!! The energy around the ideas is moving toward it! You HAVE TO know what your goals are before they can truly come to life!
- Set goals you can believe in! If you don’t really think you can make 1 million dollars in a month, you will block yourself. Set a goal that you think you can do! I am NOT saying don’t dream big, because I totally encourage it, but if you think your goal is “too big” that is what you are going to end up focusing on, and who wants to end up getting in the way of their own dreams? Set a goal that is big enough to excite you, but not so big you doubt it. Doubt will ruin any and every thing.
- Look at that list everyday! The more energy you give to them by acknowledging them, the fresher they will be in your mind, so your mind can attract like thoughts and situations. For example, I have wanted to grow blog followers, and by having a goal of how much I want an increase per week, I have found myself being drawn to groups, e-books, tips, and ways to do so! Because I had it as an intention.
- Imagine your goals! When you look at your goal of wanting $100,000 in the bank, whether for a couple minutes a day or even just a quick picture in your mind SEE IT. See it first person, and hold that feeling even for a second. If you can see it and you can feel it, then it can show up in your life!
- Check off completed goals, then add more! When you complete a goal, you’ll want to check it off, so overtime you can track your progress. By tracking your progress, you will grow your faith in accomplishing your goals, and be able to reach even bigger ones. I have a note on my cell phone from 2013 of everything, big and small, manifestations from the LOA. When I feel doubt creep in, I can look at that long list and get my energy right back up. It’s important to keep adding more, because life is all about expansion and if keep finding new things that excite you, you can stay on what Abraham-Hicks would call the “leading edge.”
I think it’s really fun to set goals, because it fills my life with an extra spark. This past year, as I have written about in the past, I have felt kind of stuck, and I think most of that was because I didn’t really have goals for my life. I was just working and living, and wasn’t being productive in the direction of my dreams. Writing down my goals really helps me with this, and I encourage you to set specific goals so the universe can hand them right to you!